Immigration Issues/I485 status changed

Question
Here are some facts that might help.
1- 01/03/08 I applied for I140 & I485 as EB2.
2- 04/12/08 went back home and got married.
3- 08/03/08 she came to USA and I added my her to my application.
4- 10/12/08 She got EAD and AP.
5- 11/11/08 I140 got approved.
6- My and her status online changed to the following:

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: This case has been sent to another office for processing because it has jurisdiction over the case.

On January 12, 2009, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case.

Please let me know what does this change mean and what should i expect.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Answer

The transferring of the case to another processing center within the USCIS is quite common as the USCIS will transfer a case to another processing center to try to ensure that all processing centers have about an equal workload. This transfer by itself is not meaningful; it will not allow you to predict when the I-485 will be approved. For estimate on when I-485 will be approved, you have to understand about priority dates. The following webpage from our website will be very helpful: http://h1b1.com/visawaiting.htm

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com

Ajay K. Arora