Immigration Issues/Various Questions

Dear Mr.Krishnan,

I have few questions:

(1) what are the possible reason(s) to get RFEs on pending I-485 ?
(2) Can I stay out of US, while my I-485 is pending ?? if yes, than for how long ??
(3) I am working on EAD using AC21 portability ? can I open my LLC and work for it ??

1) There are too many of them to list.
2) You can stay out of the US as long as your Advance Parole is valid. I would suggest that you check the processing times to return prior to period where your case may get approved.
3) Sure you can work on your own but you need to satisfy the AC21 portability rules such as similar occupation....

Ramasamy Krishnan

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.

I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,