Immigration Issues/marriage interview based on spousal sponsorship

Question
dear arora;

i have an interview coming up. my case is that i had a petition before through my father and my step mother, they had problems and she retired the petion, i got married but i would like to know if due to the fact i had that case before, if our interview is going to be seperatly or what.  

Answer

I am assuming that you have an interview based on sponsorship by your spouse. Both spouses attend the interview, and you are not normally questioned separately. Your earlier sponsorship by your father/stepmother would have no bearing on the marriage interview.

The one time that spouses are questioned separately is if the immigration officer believes that the marriage is not a bonafide marriage.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora