You are here:

Immigration Issues/Cancelled I130 application


I filed an I-130 form for my daughter several years ago. Her case was cancelled by INS in 2007 because they said they sent me a letter to verify her birth date and I did not respond. I did receive the request. Can I apply to reopen the case? My other 4 children that were filed for at the same time were all approved.


If your petition was denied by the USCIS in 2007 or if the National Visa Center canceled your petition for failure to respond within one year, then you must file a new I-130 petition.  I would need additional information to advise you regarding the time frame for processing of your new petition.

Marco Pignone III, Esq.
Getson & Schatz, P.C.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Marco Pignone III


Any question relating to immigration law.


Practicing attorney specializing in immigration for seven years.

American Immigration Lawyers Association American Bar Association

J.D. with honors from the University of Florida College of Law

©2017 All rights reserved.