Immigration Issues/H1B denial and H4

Question

Arora,

Came to US on H4 Visa later COS TO H1.  My H1 approval is valid until 2011.I Went for H1 Stamping in Canada my visa got denied due to am not able to provide the client letter and details.

Now iam planning to Come to US On H4 visa thru my wifes H1.Later i have plans  COS TO H1.

My question is Still am i eligible COS from H4 to H1 After comein to US with out respect to the cap Quota(As my visa denied already) .Please help me regarding on this

Thanks,
naveen

Answer

After you enter the U.S. on H4 visa stamp, an H1B petition can be filed for you again requesting change of status (COS) from H4 to H1B. You will not be subject to the visa cap since you have an H1B approval issued by the USCIS within the past six years.

However, if you travel outside the U.S. again in the future, you will still need to be issued H1B visa stamp by a U.S. Consulate in your home country, or in Canada, in order to enter the U.S. since the purpose of your entry will be employment as per H1B approval notice issued by the USCIS.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com  

Ajay K. Arora