Immigration Issues/L1B status and H1B withdrawal

Question
I am employed with XYZ company in L1B visa. My L1B visa expires on Dec 09.
A new company ABC has applied H1B with COS on Apr 09 using premium processing and it has been approved. After approval I traveled to India and came back before on Sep 09. I have a new I-94 which expires on Dec 09. My H1B I-94 number is different than my new I-94. I have not given my new I-94 to ABC company.

I have some problem with ABC company and they have submitted withdrawal of my H1B petition with my consent. I have received an email from USCIS stating that "Case Reopened or Reconsidered" on Sep 29th.

My question is, will I get any problem staying after Oct 1st 09, since the withdrawal request has been accepted by USCIS. Since it is a very short time of applying the withdrawal, will my status gets changed to H1B with ABC company.

I am really worried right now. Appreciate any help in this regard.

Answer

You will continue to remain in L1B status with Co. XYZ starting October 01 since the H1B petition has been revoked by Co. ABC prior to October 01. No action is required on your part except to continue to be on the payroll of the L1B employer.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora