Immigration Issues/Marriage and Greencard revocation

Question
Hello,
My name is Olga. I am from Ukraine and first moved to the United States in October of 2005. My husband and I were married a short time later. We completed all the procedures and I obtained my permanent resident “green card” in May of 2008. I sincerely love my husband. However, I am fearful for both myself and my son’s wellbeing. My husband is not only abusive to me, but to my son as well. He is so controlling and dominating that I can no longer stand to be around him. As an example, every time I call my family in Ukraine, he brings his shotgun into the room and cocks it in my face; as if to threaten me. There are many, many horrible things that he does to both my son and me, but I will spare you the details.
I have left my husband and I am staying with some close friends. I cannot even get a restraining order because I am afraid that he will then know where I live. In many of the quite threatening emails I have received from him, he states that he is going to revoke my status as a resident and ruin my chances of becoming a citizen.
I know that it is unlikely that he can simply revoke my green card. However, my question is this: can he lie to immigration officials and cause them to suspend or even revoke my status based on his false claims? For example, he might say that I married him for citizenship. Or perhaps he may say I have been unfaithful. This is all untrue, but I am afraid they will believe him.
Please help me. I not only fear for my life, but also my livelihood. I have worked very hard to become a citizen, and I am almost there. I can provide abundant proof of his dominating and threatening nature, but is that sufficient? Where would I start to protect myself? He has given me two days to come back to him before he goes to the officials and begins the revocation process.
I sincerely appreciate any help you can provide. Because my English is poor, and my understanding of the situation even poorer, I have had my friend write this correspondence.

Thank you very much for your time.

Respectfully,
Olga

Answer
Eileen Chun-Fruto, Los Angeles immigration attorney writes:

Dear Olga,

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles.  Your husband's behavior does sound threatening and dangerous.  I am not an expert in domestic violence situations, but one resource you can turn to is a good website by another immigration attorney, one who devotes her practice to immigrants who are victims and survivors of domestic violence:

www.humanrightsattorney.com

Heather Poole is a nationally recognized expert in this area and perhaps she would entertain a call from you.

Good luck,
Eileen Chun-Fruto
www.fongandchun.com
www.immigrationvisaattorneyblog.com
http://www.superlawyers.com/california-southern/lawyer/Eileen-Chun-Fruto/e5bf6f7

Eileen Chun-Fruto