Immigration Issues/h1b activated before my h1b revoked

I am on OPT now. On April this year, I applied h1b and my previous company send letter and revoked my h1b petition on beginning of September. Today I found my h1b activated. The USCIS maybe have not received my revoking letter. What should I do now? If I change status to F2 immediately, when will it be activated? Thank you very much!

You can file for a change to F-2 and the USCIS may or not excuse the gap in your status. If you knew that your company filed to revoke your H-IB in September (and assuming your H is effective Oct 1) you may have waited too long to file your F-2.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.

I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,