Immigration Issues/H1B - No payslips

Question
Respected sir
I have my H1B approved for COS (start date: 1st Oct). The PROJECT at the client site has been delayed. The consultant is likely to start paying from the first week of November but I wont have any payslips for the first month of October.

Will the absence of payslip for the first month (October 2009) have any impact in future especially when I go for VISA STAMPING with this petition because I have heard that consulates often ask for W-2 in addition to just looking at the current paystubs.

I am concerned if this missing first one month payslip be an issue in future?

Please advise.
Vibhor Arora

Answer

As a practical matter, absence of paystubs for a month after H1B takes effect will probably have no bearing on visa issuance by any U.S. Consulate in the future. My recommendation is to not apply for visa stamp issuance at the U.S. Consulate for at least several month, so you will have quite a few recent paystubs to show the Consulate at time of visa stamping, in which case the amount on the W2 takes less importance.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora