You are here:

Immigration Issues/Husband's H4 stamping


Hi Ramasamy,
My husband was recently laid off from work. We applied for a COS to H4. That application is still pending.I have an approved H1B. 1. Can we both travel to India to get my h1B and his h4 stamped?
2. Would his H4 be rejected because he has an approved H1B? I assume we need to prove that he will not work during the interview.

If he leaves the country prior to approval of his COS the application would be considered abandoned.  If he still does leave the country he can file for a H-4 visa at the US consulate and enter the US on H-4.  The H-4 visa application will not be rejected because he had a prior H-1B visa.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.