Immigration Issues/L1 Visa

I am indian citizen, working in US on L1B visa since april 2007, my visa is expiring in 31st dec 2009. My company applied for renewal.
How long it will take for renewal. Once renewed do i need to go to india for stamping. If yes do i need to go before 31st Dec 2009.
Do i need to goto Mumbai US Embassy for renewal or is it done on my entry to US.

Also i want to go to india 1st week dec 2009, will i get into any kind of trouble.
What documents do i need to carry with me, as my visa on passport is valid for less than 30 day ( Visa expiry date 31st Dec 2009 )

Thanks  & Regards

You do not need to leave the country after renewal. You can continue to work in the US on L status. If you wish to travel on Dec 1st, I would suggest that you request your employer to premium process your L visa.  You can travel and reenter the US before Dec 31st.
I do not know the processing time you need to consult with the attorney that filed your case. It would depend on the Service center the case is filed at.

Ramasamy krishnan

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.

I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,