You are here:

Immigration Issues/Re-entry Permit (i-131) Issue...


Dear Concern:
My sister is US immigrant since 2.5 years, she visited U.S. in the year 2007 then she submitted i-131 form Reentry Permit and came back to India, she was approved 2 years of Out of US which will be expire in April 10, 2010. Recently she gone back to USA a month back, but again she is willing to submit i-131 for another 2 years, but her existing Reentry Permit will be valid till April 2010, so my query is should she wait till its expiry or will it be possible to go for Reentry Permit for another 2 years prior to its (active) expiry? Awaiting your reply.
Kind Regards,
Rashid Ghazanfar

The Re-entry permit will not protect your sister from continuing to be a permanent resident in the US. Despite the re-entry permit the USCIS may decide to revoke her permanent residency status if it finds that she does not establish principal domicile or ties in the US.


Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.