Immigration Issues/Green Card for Spouse

Question
I recently got married with a woman with valid H1B Visa that will be expired in October 2010. The USCIS issued her H1B visa with wrong spelling (e.g. Lysa instead of Lisa) and her employer is requesting USCIS to change her name to the correct one that may take many months so I would like to apply her green card based on our marriage. My question is... Do I need to wait until her name is being corrected or can I just apply her green card based on our marriage?  

Answer

You can sponsor your wife without waiting for name to be corrected.

On the sponsorship paperwork use the correct spelling even though the USCIS has earlier approved her H1B petition with incorrect spelling.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora