Immigration Issues/J1 visa waiver won dv lottery

Question
Hi My name is Rina and I am in the USA on J-1 visa. I am doing fellowship in geriatric medicine. My husband is on J-2 and he recently won DV lottery.
I am subject  to return for 2 years to the country of my J-1 visa or I can get J-1 waiver by going to unreserved area to work for 3 years. I also have a daughter who is born in the USA.
Is there any chance that I can change my status without going back or doing the waiver?
If I don't find a job of interest and if I do not go back to my country can I adjust my status to green card.

Thank you

Rina

Answer

In order for you to adjust status to permanent resident status, a waiver of the J1 two-year home country requirement would be required even if you have a U.S. citizen daughter and even if your husband won the DV lottery.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com

Ajay K. Arora