Immigration Issues/I-94 extension beyond 6 yrs --Wife US Citizen

Question
Sir,

I'm on H1 B visa currently. It will expire in 8 months from now.

My wife is a US citizen and I have son who was born in US.

I have applied for a family based GC and my 485 is pending and I-130 is approved.

I wanted to get my H1 extended through my employer. I assume that since my I-130 has been approved and I-485 is pending i should be able to get my H1 B extended.

Please correct me if my assumption is right ....or request you to please let me know the next step in order to get my H1 b extended through my employer.

Thanks Sir , waiting for your earliest reply on this.
Reply With Quote

Answer
Neven,
You are correct in your assumption. There should be no problem extending your H1B. In addition, you could also file for an EAD card which would allow you to work for any employer in the US without the need to be on H1B.
Good Luck
Mark Ashley
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Mark Ashley