Immigration Issues/Delaying the final interview

My wife has reached the final stage in getting the green card-she needs a medical and then the embassy interview. Can we get an extension so that we can have additional time before this step? We have to sell our house before we leave and that for tax reasons has to happen before she gets the green card.We applied for the green card in Feb 2008. BTW I am American she is British

You can delay by sending in the medical report late but do not wait too long. She will get her green card or become a US permanent resident only on entering the US. So I would talk to your tax people about this if it was an issue.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.

I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,