Immigration Issues/H1 B Transfer Question

Question
Hi Sir

I have 2 Question, can you please help me.

MY CURRENT SITUATION: In my passport My H1B Visa is valid till Sept 2009 on Company A. In Jan 2008 I transferred my H1b to Company B and got New ( I-797 / H1 B ) till Jan 2011.

Question # 1: Can I travel to India in May 2009 on my old H1 B and re enter US with the Old H1 B which is valid till Sept 2009 Visa and at the port of entry can I show my new ( I-797 / H1 B ) and get new I 94 till Jan 2011?

Question # 2:  Is it must to get new stamping done in India as there will be less than 6 months left on visa which is stamped on my current passport?  Since I have a valid I 797 till Jan 2011, do you advise that I go in for stamping to my new company which I transferred last year and with which I am currently working with?

If you can help me in these answers I will be really grateful for your help and support. Thanks in advance.

Hitesh Arora  

Answer
Hitesh,
You can reenter the US on your old H visa provided you do so before its expiry (Sept. 2009). It is your decision to apply for a new visa or not depending on your plans to visit India after Sept. 2009.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan