Immigration Issues/J1 waiver question

Question
Hello,

I am currently in the United States with a J1 visa and have a home residency requirement. I will be applying for a waiver soon under the "no objection" clause. I have the following questions -
1) I heard that once I get a waiver, I cannot renew, transfer or extend my current J1 program. Is this true?
2) If the above is true, then will I be able to apply for a new J1 program?
3) Once I start the waiver process in US, and have to go back to India, will be able to complete the waiver from India?

Thanks in advance.

Answer
Ani,
1) Yes it is true
2) If it is true then your question is .........
3) Yes. But you would need to make sure that you submit all the documents and have a valid address to receive correspondence.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan