Immigration Issues/MARRIAGE FILE

Question
  HELLO SIR,
         I M GREEN CARD HOLDER SINCE NOVEMBER 2004 AND I GOT MARRIED WITH INDIAN GUY IN INDIA IN MARCH 2007. AND MY HUSBAND CAME HERE ON H1 VISA ON NOVEMBER 2007. SO WHEN CAN I APPLY FOR MARRIAGE REGISTRATION  IN USA SO HE CAN GET THE GREEN CARD FAST, AND WHEN HE CAN GET THE GREEN CARD? IS IT MATTERS IF I M CITIZEN? OR DO I HAVE TO WAIT TILL I BECOME CITIZEN WHAT SHOULD I DO SO HE GET THE GREEN CARD SOON.

Answer
Mayuri,
You need to become a US citizen to be eligible to apply for your husband as an immediate relative. As a permanent resident your husband would have to wait for a long time before he can file for his green card.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan