Immigration Issues/Recapture time H1B

Question
Can I file myself an extension to recapture time (that I was abroad for trips). Or does it have to be filed by my employer? The only thing I want to do is recapture those months and not file for a 1 yr extension. What form will I need to fill?

My current visa expires in April while my H1B is valid through July. Can I go to Canada to get a new visa stamp through July based on current H1 approval notice?(irrespective of whether I file an extension to recapture time)?

Answer

Only your employer can file an H1B petition requesting extension of status.

You can go to Canada and apply for new H1B visa stamp through July, whether or not H1B petition requesting extension of status is filed.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora