You are here:

Immigration Issues/filling for my sister


i was born and raised in Chicago and leaving to the marines if it helps to speed up the process

hy i have a sister in Mexico born and raised there she has 2kids also i was wondering what id have to do to fix her papers so she can come and live in the united states i also have a grandfather there which has medical problems how would i go by fixing his papers also how long would it take for everything

You can file for your sister, but it will take a long time. That said, I have had many people who refuse to act because things take a long time, and then 10 years later they have still done nothing. The fastest way to get your sister over would be to bring your mother or father over and they became citizens. As for the Grandfather, only your parents could file for him after they become US citizens.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Alexander J. Hay


I am a U.S. lawyer with offices in Houston, Texas and in Belize. I can answer questions on U.S. Immigration, U.S. corporate law, and Offshore Tax and Asset Planning.
If you are on an H or L visa I am NOT GOING TO ANSWER your questions since they are usually highly fact oriented, and also you have a company attorney handling the whole thing. Call your own attorney please! If you disregard this request, don't be surprised if I answer with "homework question".


I am a U.S. attorney with offices in the United States and Belize. I have experience helping to protect assets, reduce taxes, and improve investment performance by utilizing global investment techniques.

Harvard University, A.B. degree; University of Houston Law Center, J.D. Degree; Fulbright Scholar

©2017 All rights reserved.