Immigration Issues/reactivation of H1B

Question
Hi, I got H1B visa in 2005, while I was in India. But, I never entered US with that visa. Later, I applied for a F1 and got it stamped in 2006 while my H1 was canceled without prejudice. I entered US with F1, finished my masters, and now I am on my OPT. My company will be applying for a H1 on my behalf this April. However, I got some vague info from one of my friends that I can actually re activate my canceled H1 instead of going through the lottery process now. I would appreciate any further info/help regarding this matter.

Answer

Since an H1B petition was approved within the past six years, another H1B petition can be filed for you now and you will not be subject to the visa cap. This petition can be filed anytime (you do not have to wait until April 01) since you will not be subject to the visa cap.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com

Ajay K. Arora