Immigration Issues/I-539 for B2 extension was denied

Question
i applied application for my mom and sis for I-539 last DEC,their port of entry is Los Angeles on July 28,2008 and was given 6 months for their stay. They however have multiple visa B1/B2. before i filed their application, they already have an itinerary to leave the US this coming April 30th. The decision on I-539 dated march 10th also indicated that they are required to leave within 30 days. What are the options and the consequences of staying here in the US after the 30 days have passed,like staying for extra 28 days till they leave or fly out?

Answer

I strongly recommend that your mother and sister leave within 30 days of the denial decision dated March 10. There is no process for appealing a denial of extension of B1/B2 status.

In addition, even if your mother and sister leave within 30 days of the decision, they will need to apply for a new B1/B2 visa stamp from the Consulate for future entries to the U.S.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora