Immigration Issues/H1-B Transfer - Wife's H4 to F1 COS Pending

Question
I work for a big 4 consulting firm and transferring my H1-B to a client (a 2 Billion dollar american company).......I'm planning to join my new company only after the visa has been transferred ........my questions are:

1.) If the transfer is rejected, can I work for my current employer (assuming I dont resign)

2.) My wife's on H4 and recently applied for COS from H4 to F1 - Do I need to file for her H4 transfer also or not?

Not sure what's the effect of H1 transfer on wife's pending H4 to F1 application.

Need help ASAP. Thanks a lot.

Answer
Eileen Chun-Fruto, Los Angeles immigration attorney writes:

Dear Smuggy:

1)  Yes.

2)  No, you do not *need* to file for her to become an H-4. There is no obligation for her to go back to H-4 status.  The real issue is whether she wants to be a full-time student or not.

By the way, if you are transferring over to a large US company, and if they are taking care of your H-1B transfer case, then why aren't they answering your questions?

Clients need to demand that attorney representing corporations bone up to their duty to also advise and serve the needs of the individual workers who do the hard work of the corporation.

My two cents.

Eileen Chun-Fruto
www.fongandchun.com
http://www.superlawyers.com/california-southern/lawyer/Eileen-Chun-Fruto/e5bf6f7

Eileen Chun-Fruto