Immigration Issues/H1B and TN visas

Question
Hi, I am in USA with H1B visa. If I decide to join another part time job can I do it with TN visa, instead of applying for another H1B ? Can I maintain both H1B and TN visa?
Thank you

Answer

You can have multiple H1B approval notices in the U.S., and as long as you work for at least one H1B employer, you will maintain your H1B status.

You can work for only one TN employer in the U.S.

You can hold only one status at a time in the U.S. Thus, you can either be in H1B status (working multiple jobs in H1B status if you wish, as long as each employer files an H1B petition for you), or else you work for a single TN employer.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora