Immigration Issues/Info request!



I have come across your email address from and was eager to find some info regarding my immigration issues. I am currently on OPT extension which just started couple for day back and working for American client and going stable, i have a pending application with INS for H1b which i applied in 2008, Actually it was picked and had a query , for which i answered but still awaiting for decision. Here are my doubts for questions which i would like to clear.

1. Can i apply for H1 from different employee without having my EAC number or receipt number, which my employer hold and does not want to disclose.

2. My fiance is on H1 and lost her job, we are looking to get married in US and can i turn her to F2 or dependent. please advice

3. My employer does not wants me to apply for new H1 since the old one is pending and he is worried i may transfer from him.

4. When is the last date to know my decision from INS on my pending approval since new filing is coming from April 2009.

5. I am looking to transfer my fiance from H1b to F1/F2 atleast to stay in status, what all do i need other than getting an I20 from a university.

Please advice me what to do on the above or any information would be really helpful.

Thanks in Advance

1) I am not sure about your employer "holding and not disclosing". So how do you know that you have an H-1B pending. You should contact the lawyer and ask him for the receipt. He should give a copy to you.
2) If you are in valid F-1 visa status your spouse can file for F-2
3)No question here.
4) I do not know you need to have your employer/attorney to contact the USCIS on this.
5) Marriage certificate for one. For detailed information on how to file you need to visit

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.