You are here:

Immigration Issues/International student wants to become a Math teacher in US


I am a Finance graduate from Ohio University and has a Master's degree in Math from Delhi University. I have teaching experience  but am not a certified teacher. Am I eligible to become a certified teacher in USA. Is there a law that international students can be a teacher and are hired by schools in USA.

Superna Arya,
To become eligible to teach school in the US would depend on the licensing or eligibility rules of the state you live in. You need to contact the school district near you and check on the requirements. There are many foreign nationals teaching in schools today.  There is no law that specifies that international students can be a teacher.

Ramasamy Krishnan  

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.