Immigration Issues/International student wants to become a Math teacher in US

Question
I am a Finance graduate from Ohio University and has a Master's degree in Math from Delhi University. I have teaching experience  but am not a certified teacher. Am I eligible to become a certified teacher in USA. Is there a law that international students can be a teacher and are hired by schools in USA.

Answer
Superna Arya,
To become eligible to teach school in the US would depend on the licensing or eligibility rules of the state you live in. You need to contact the school district near you and check on the requirements. There are many foreign nationals teaching in schools today.  There is no law that specifies that international students can be a teacher.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com  

Ramasamy Krishnan