Immigration Issues/Possible Marriage Fraud

Question
Hello,
I am an American who married a Chinese exchange student in July of 2006. We both reside in the US. Since marriage, he has begun to treat me increasingly bad. He mentioned to me that the green card is checked at two years, followed by a one year assessment period. Afterwards, the green card is not checked again for another ten years. If this is accurate, can I cancel his green card in the assessment period? I have reason to suspect that he will leave me after this July.

Thank you,

Melissa

Answer
Eileen Chun-Fruto, Los Angeles immigration attorney writes:

Dear Melissa,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with your marriage.  

The USCIS is the only agency to really be able to make a determination that your husband intended to defraud the government in marrying you in bad faith.  You cannot therefore cancel his greencard, but you can divorce him.  Once the marriage is terminated, he is no longer eligible to renew his greencard unless he can show that he married you in good faith, and that burden can be a high one.

Eileen Chun-Fruto
www.fongandchun.com
http://www.superlawyers.com/california-southern/lawyer/Eileen-Chun-Fruto/e5bf6f7

Eileen Chun-Fruto