You are here:

Immigration Issues/Want my F2 husband to be deported


Mr. Ashley:
I'm an F1 student here in the US. I'm divorcing my husband who is on F2 dependent visa. We haven't completed the paperwork yet, so he is still present in the US although we are not living together.
I want him to leave the States because he is making my life impossible these days.
Can I notify Immigration authorities of our divorce? and is there any way that he can be deported immediately without official paperwork on divorce ?(it just takes too long to do that)
Please help, as I'm desperately need a legitimate advice :-(((

There is no fast way.  If you want a divorce, you should file one.  I understand that you want to keep him away from you as he is making your life "impossible".  If he is threatening you, hurting you or it is some other form of abuse, the Divorce court can issue various orders to keep him away from you.  The violation of the court's terms could negatively impact his stay in the US.  
Good Luck
Mark Ashley

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mark Ashley


Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,


18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

Awards and Honors
American Jurisprudence Award recipient

©2017 All rights reserved.