Immigration Issues/Wedding...

Question
Hello there, I am planning to marry my girlfriend who is in the country on an F1 visa now using an OPT period that expires in June. We understand there are 60 days grace before she must leave. Can we safely plan the wedding for the middle of September (2.5 months after OPT expires) and apply for a green card without any worry?  Of course we'd like to do the wedding earlier, but it is very difficult to do before September. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks so much!

Answer
Jim,
You can get married after the grace period and file for your spouse's adjustment of status application. But she runs the risk of being removed from the US during the time she is out of status.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan