Immigration Issues/Wedding...

Hello there, I am planning to marry my girlfriend who is in the country on an F1 visa now using an OPT period that expires in June. We understand there are 60 days grace before she must leave. Can we safely plan the wedding for the middle of September (2.5 months after OPT expires) and apply for a green card without any worry?  Of course we'd like to do the wedding earlier, but it is very difficult to do before September. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks so much!

You can get married after the grace period and file for your spouse's adjustment of status application. But she runs the risk of being removed from the US during the time she is out of status.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.

I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,