Immigration Issues/content of H1b revocation letter

Question

When an employee working on H1B visa leaves the employer, the employer needs to send a letter to USCIS revoking the H1B petition. I want to know what should be the content of this letter.

Does the employer need to return (to USCIS) the original H1B approval notice (I797) to USCIS with this letter?

Does the employer need to provide the LCA number that was approved at the time of H1B petition filing?

Or simply a letter stating that the employee named, ABC, no longer works for company XYZ is sufficient?

I would appreciate answers to above questions.

Thanks.

Answer

Simply a one or two sentence letter stating that [name] no longer works at the company as of [date] is sufficient. There does not need to be a reason for the termination of employment. It is a good idea to attach a copy of the H1B approval notice or receipt notice to the letter to avoid USCIS error in revoking the H1B petition only of the named employee.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com

Ajay K. Arora