You are here:

Immigration Issues/wanting to move to the US


I am currently a student who is nearing completion of a BA Honours Degree in Business and Management, I would like to move to the US after the summer and don't know how to go about such a move, what kind of a visa/work permit i will need? if i need a job out there already or if i would even be granted a visa/work permit without having a job secured...just don't know how the whole procedure works at all so would be very grateful for some advice! Thank you

The most common visa to work for an US employer is a H-1B visa. For this you need to have a job offer, the employer needs to petition and obtain a H-1B approval and you need to obtain a H-1B visa at the US consulate in your country to enter the US and work.

Best of luck.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]