You are here:

Immigration Issues/working visa questions


1. When I get a working visa as associate dentist, how long can I apply for permanent green card ?
2. How long can I apply for US citizen after that ?
3. As soon as I have working visa, will my illegal husband become legally stay in U.S. with me ?
Thank you for your time.

1) Your employer can file for your green card at any time.
2) You are eligible to file for your citizenship five years from the date you become a permanent resident.
3) I cannot answer your question without additional facts.

I suggest that you consult with an immigration attorney for detailed answers to your questions.

Ramasamy Krishnan  

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.