Immigration Issues/I-130 for parent--U.S. citizen child sponsoring

Question
I'm US citizen filing I-130 for my father. He stayed his tourist visa 4 years ago. In question 15 is it ok to accept that he has been working is US? wouldn't they take that against him when processing the application? Thank you!

Answer

Both the I-130 (petition for alien relative) that you sign along with I-485 (adjustment of status application) that your father signs can be filed concurrently since the parent of a U.S. citizen is considered an "immediate relative." It is OK if your father's visitor visa status expired, since he initially entered the U.S. legally. The following webpage from our website is helpful: http://h1b1.com/sponsor

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com

Ajay K. Arora