Immigration Issues/B2- H1B

Question
hello! I am here in the US in B1 visa and my I-94 will expire on August 2009. I am also waiting for the approval of my H1B petition, My question is once my H1B visa is approved do I have to go back to the Philippines at once for my visa stamping OR can I start working first here. 2nd question, my fiancee and father of my child has a B1 visa, If I will marry him here in the US can I apply for him a H4 visa. please help me with my concerns, thank you very much

Answer

Since the H1B approval notice will take effect on October 01 (I am assuming that this is a cap-subject petition, for which the employment start date is normally October 01), you will be out of status between August and October 01. Thus, you will need to depart the U.S. before expiration of I-94. You will apply for H1B visa stamp at a U.S. Consulate in your home country based upon H1B approval by the USCIS. Upon entry back to the U.S., you can be legally employed by the sponsoring employer.

Your husband (when you are married) will receive H4 visa stamp.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com

Ajay K. Arora