Immigration Issues/H1-F2-H1

Question

Mu husband who has a PhD from a US university currently holds a H1B visa and works as an assistant professor. He is joining another university beginning September 1 2009. His current employer is terminating his employment in mid-May. Can he change his status to F2 for the interval? Would it be a problem for his next employer to petition a H1B when his petition for F2 is pending? Thanks a lot.

Answer
Priyanka,
He can change to F-2 and then back to H-1B without any difficulty.  

Further, if he wishes to continue to stay and work in the US, he should look into filing for his US permanent residency. My firm specializes in representing researchers and professors like your husband. And will be glad to provide a free evaluation of his credentials.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com  

Ramasamy Krishnan