Immigration Issues/H1 to H4 and H4 to H1 status change

Question
Currently I am on H1B status,My project is going to end soon.My employer is sending back to home country if any one without project for more than one month.
My spouse is working , so I have option to go on H4.
My question is suppose I go on H4 and if I get project in one month can I come back on my H1B status.My H1B is valid till Jan 2010.
So there are two scenarios
1.What would be solution if I get project BEFORE my H1B get expire ie before Jan 2010
2.What would be solution if I get project AFTER my H1B get expire ie before Jan 2010

Thanking you in advance.
Thanks,
Nilesh

Answer
Nilesh,
If you leave the country you could come back on H1 if your same employer writes a letter stating that you are still employed with them.

You can change to H4.  Once you change to H4 you are on H4.  If you then have an employer wanting to hire you on H1, you will then have to switch back to H1.

Good Luck
Mark Ashley
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Mark Ashley