Immigration Issues/Jamaica


We went to travel to Jamaica. I am a US citizen but my bf is US immigrant only and he still has a Philippine passport. Is that going to be a problem?

I do not have enough information to tell you if he will have a problem.  I suggest that you consult with an immigration attorney so he can fully evaluate your case.  The general rule is: if your BF still has a valid visa, there should be no problem with him entering the US. Of course there are exceptions and I would encourage you to seek legal help to make sure there are no problems.
Good Luck
Mark Ashley

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mark Ashley


Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,


18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

Awards and Honors
American Jurisprudence Award recipient

©2017 All rights reserved.