Immigration Issues/ReMarriage in USA

Question

I have come in USA on B1/B2 visa.I got B1/B2 visa in 2006.At that time i was married and in application for B1/B2 visa my status was married.My wife passed away in January 2009 and i have got her death certificate also from India.Now i want to marry a US Green card holder.Is it possible ? If yes, then what is the procedure ? Can i stay here in USA after marriage ? Validity period of my B1/B2 visa is till 2016.

Thanks

Dhruv

Answer
Dhruv,
Based on the limited information you have provided, I believe that you are currently out of status. Your B visa may be valid until 2016 but you are allowed to stay only for the time indicated on your I-94.

Marriage to a green card holder does not allow you to stay in the US.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan