Immigration Issues/Use of Advance Parole

Question
I am on h1b and also an Advance Parole obtained after filing I-485, the Advance Parole is good till Sept, 2009 and my current passport is good until June 2009. I have applied for renewal of passport and thus my question is:

Can i use Advance Parole to re-enter even after obtaining new renewed passport before Sept 2009 by attaching it with old passport or should i apply for fresh Advance Parole as my Passport details will be changed with new renewed passport?

Thank you so much for taking up my question.

regards.  

Answer

Sorry for the delay in responding. The advance parole document remains valid. There is no requirement to obtain a new advance parole document simply because you have obtained a new passport. You should use the new passport along with your existing advance parole document to enter the U.S. I recommend that you carry the old passport with you as well in case there is any doubt as to your identity at the time of entry to the U.S.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com  

Ajay K. Arora