Immigration Issues/interview

Question
Dear Madam:
I have applied for the US citizenship.
Now I am waiting for my interview date.
Am I allowed to travel outside the US during this time or do I have to be physically present the whole time?
Can I take a trip outside the US that lasts a couple of weeks, I mean less than 6 months??
Thanks you for your answer and best regards.  

Answer
Eileen Chun-Fruto, Los Angeles immigration attorney writes:

Dear S,

The answer is simple, YES, you can travel.

If you are only out of the US for a couple of weeks, you shouldn't have to worry that you'll miss your appointment as USCIS will normally give you at least 30 days notice of your interview date.

You should try to have someone check your mail in case you need to be notified so you can return quickly to the US or reschedule your interview date.

At the interview, the examiner will ask you to update your address, any addtional travel since your filed the case and any changes in your employment.

I wish you good luck in your interview.

Eileen Chun-Fruto
www.fongandchun.com
http://www.superlawyers.com/california-southern/lawyer/Eileen-Chun-Fruto/e5bf6f7

Eileen Chun-Fruto