Immigration Issues/Absence from the USA--green card revocation

Question
Dear Ms aurora,

I have heard that it is possible to get your Green Card revoked, if you travel and remain outside the USA for a certain period of time.

I have been trying to find what this time frame is, but it appears to me that there are no clear cut rules and regulations? Or are there?

Grateful for your response.

Answer

If you are continuously outside the U.S. for 365 days or more, you will be considered to have abandoned your permanent resident status (green card) in the U.S. unless you have a re-entry permit. With a re-entry permit, you can remain outside the U.S. for up to 2 years. Further information on a re-entry permit is here: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-131instr.pdf

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora