Immigration Issues/EAD renewal and I-485 interview

My wife has never used EAD,  do we have to renew her EAD even though she does not work while her I-485 is pending. We would rather just renew for myself as it is too will be the third EAD for us.

I and my wife are going to stay in India during summer vacation for 2-3 months as i can handle my work from there. and during that period if we receive any interview call for I-485 any reasons but we might not even know as the USCIS will deliver mail to our US address, then how can we overcome such a situation. If our cases gets approved without any interview during that period, can we still enter using AP?

thank you in advance for your reply......

You do not have to renew your wife's EAD card if she does not plan on working with an EAD card.  

You should have someone check your mail to make sure you know about any interviews. If you receive an interview you may have to reschedule if not possible to attend the meeting.  If your case gets approved while you are out of the country, you may have to have the person checking your mail send you the welcome notice and green cards.  If you have the green card then you may enter or you may have to use the AP.

Do not leave the US unless you have a valid AP.

Good Luck
Mark Ashley

Mark Ashley

Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

American Jurisprudence Award recipient