You are here:

Immigration Issues/Family based immigration


How can one rebut a negative DNA result that indicates he is not the father of a child whom he has raised and believed to be his child.  The child was born out of wedlock and mother told father he is the father as mother and father were in a dating relationship.  Child lives outside the United States with fater's mother and lived with father also before father immigrated to the US and subsequently beacme a US citizen.  Father filed I-130 petition for child and is afraid Immigration will deny it because of the negative DNA result.

The only way you can rebut the DNA results is to show that the samples were tainted or matched up wrong.  Otherwise, the results are settled.  You may want to try to adopt the child to establish parenthood.  
Good Luck
Mark Ashley

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mark Ashley


Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,


18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

Awards and Honors
American Jurisprudence Award recipient

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]