Immigration Issues/Follow up question on L1 visa and marriage

Question
Thanks Ms Fruto! your answer to my previous question really gave me a relief! If you don't mind I have a follow up question for you...
1. What is an L1 blanket visa? if we are on that kind of visa do we still have to appear at the embassy?
1. My soon to be husband is accepted for a job at KSA, he may be leaving soon before i am asked to appear at the embassy for my L1, is it okay to just declare that I am married (which is probably my status by the time of my appearance) but file for his L2 later on? Like when i am already in the US and he is in the KSA?
3. Should i change my name in all my documents and carry his last name after marriage? Honestly, his last name is too common and my first name is common as well, for that reason i still want to use my own last name even if we are married, is it possible?

Thanks again, Ms. Fruto for your time. Good to know that you are married to a Filipino. It makes me feel so at ease to ask you questions about stuff about Philippines and US immigration.

Maraming salamat po!

Answer
Eileen Chun-Fruto, Los Angeles immigration attorney writes:

Dear Jas,

You are welcome.

As for an L-1 blanket visa, it is only available for major companies that will sponsor large numbers of L-1s at one time, and the company can pre-qualify to transfer L-1s under one petition.  The application is done on a special form and the company must have 3 or more branches, subsidiaries, or affiliates and have annual sales of $25 million and a US workforce of 1000 or more or have at least 10 L-1 petition approvals in the last year.

All other L-1 requirements are also relevant.

As for your husband accepting a job, you should report your marital status as whatever it is on that date.  Even if you are in the US and he is not yet, you can still go back to the Embassy in Manila with him with your marriage certificate and then request his L-2 at that time.

As for changing your name, it can make things a little easier, but it's not necessary.  You could also try to hyphenate your name, if you think it will help.  What really matters is that you have your documentation ready so that if you need to prove you are married, you have your marriage license to prove it, regardless of whatever name you use.

Kind regards,
Eileen Chun-Fruto
www.fongandchun.com
www.immigrationvisaattorneyblog.com
http://www.superlawyers.com/california-southern/lawyer/Eileen-Chun-Fruto/e5bf6f7  

Eileen Chun-Fruto