Immigration Issues/L-2 to green card


Hi Mark,

I'm a European citizen, in the states for over a year now on a L-2 Visa. My dad is the L-1 visa owner, working for a international company. His employer wants him back in Europe, however I want to stay in the States.

1)Is there any way I can apply for a greencard, since I am not related to anyone in the states? I am a student, and can not apply trough a employer, since I only have a L-2.


I do not know enough about your case to give you an adequate appraisal.  However with the facts you have given me, it seems like best way for you to stay at least temporarily would be to go on F1 status.  You should talk to your school administrator.
Good Luck
Mark Ashley

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mark Ashley


Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,


18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

Awards and Honors
American Jurisprudence Award recipient

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]