Immigration Issues/L-2 to green card

Question
Hi Mark,

I'm a European citizen, in the states for over a year now on a L-2 Visa. My dad is the L-1 visa owner, working for a international company. His employer wants him back in Europe, however I want to stay in the States.

1)Is there any way I can apply for a greencard, since I am not related to anyone in the states? I am a student, and can not apply trough a employer, since I only have a L-2.

Harmen

Answer
Harmen,
I do not know enough about your case to give you an adequate appraisal.  However with the facts you have given me, it seems like best way for you to stay at least temporarily would be to go on F1 status.  You should talk to your school administrator.
Good Luck
Mark Ashley
www.ashleykrishnan.

Mark Ashley