Immigration Issues/L1B Visa got rejected with 221(g) denial

Question
My employer had applied for L1 visa under blanket petition and subsequently i appeared for Visa interview at an Indian US consulate on May 2009.
I was refused Visa under section 221(g) by the VO (failed to prove clearly as a specialized qualified professional) and he gave me a "Blue sheet" and also returned my passport and form 1-129S.
He has Only ticked "Your blanket L-1 is not clearly approvable under section 8 CFR 214.2(I) (ii) (D) and INA 101(a)15(L)" in that blue sheet.

My questions are as follows:-
1) First of all is my Visa completely rejected or it requires some additional administrative processing

2)Now what is the alternative for me to get a workpermit since i need to travel to US urgently?

3)What will be chances of my L1 individual petition getting approved?Is there any time frame i should wait for before applying for L1 individual or i can go for it immediately.

4)Will my L1-B blanket visa rejection have any impact on my next individual petition at the time of filing(with USCIS) as well as interview since i was denied on the ground of Specialized knowledge professional

5) Will this denial reason work against me next time(considering i am applying shortly and also for the same client, but i am sure i would be able to clearly explain my specialized knowledge to the VO, and the points whichever i missed out last time during the Visa interview  :(  )?

I am really worried.

Please help!

Note:- I have never travelled to US before and i hold a valid US B1\B2 visa.

Thanks in advance..and sorry for such a long mail

Best Regards,
-Anupam

Answer
Eileen Chun-Fruto, Los Angeles immigration attorney writes:

Dear Anupam,

Your scenario is one that is very difficult to overcome.  A 221g denial is a denial for any reason that makes you ineligible for the visa.  Without knowing why the examiner denied the case, you have no idea what makes you ineligible.

Since you applied using a blanket petition, your credentials and qualifications were never presented to the USCIS.  Rather, the Consular officer/VO got to make the entire analysis of the case, and in that case, there is no appeal of a Consular decision.

You could try applying for an H-1B since H-1Bs are still available.  Or you could come temporarily on the B1/B2, but you MAY NOT WORK FOR A US ENTITY ON THE B1/B2,  you could only visit for short periods of time of up to 6 months, normally.  You are probably better off applying for an H-1B.

The L-1B visa rejection may have a negative impact on future visas, but it really depends on why the L-1B was denied in the first place.  If the reason is something that is entirely irrelevant to another visa application, then it should not necessarily prejudice the next visa application.  Though in all honesty, having any visa denial makes it more difficult on other visa applications.

Where is the company's immigration lawyer in all of this?  Is the L-1B company not involved?  Did they intervene on your behalf?

Good luck,
Eileen Chun-Fruto
www.fongandchun.com
www.immigrationvisaattorneyblog.com
http://www.superlawyers.com/california-southern/lawyer/Eileen-Chun-Fruto/e5bf6f7  

Eileen Chun-Fruto