Immigration Issues/F1 Via stamping in India after doign COS from H4 here in US

Question
I am plannign to go to india in july as my mom has to undergo a surgery. I got my F1 approval notice(COS h4 to F1) on april 04 2009. How safe is it for me to go to india for stamping? Please note that my husband is in H1 and he has not applied for GC.  Also note that he is only my sponsor for my education. Will this create a problem of getting F1 visa stamping by showing a Us account. How safe is it for me to go for India to get the F1 visa stamping. Will my previous H4 visa be sill valid just in case my F1 stamping gets rejected?? Please reply i would be very grateful to you

Answer
Deepa,
You state that your F1 is approved.  Has it started yet?  If your F1 has been approved and the F1 time has started then you can leave the country for stamping and should not run into any problems reentering.  
Good Luck
Mark Ashley
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Mark Ashley