Immigration Issues/Green Card Process--Marriage to U.S. Citizen

Question
Hello,
 I am a US citizen and my fiancée is a South Korean national here on a student visa. We are getting married and I want to know if she can somehow immediately find work instead of waiting x amount of years for her green card.  I heard there is a temporary work authorization that I am interested about.  I am a NJ resident and she lives in NYC.  Thanks for your time!

Answer

All paperwork such as petition for alien relative (that you sign) along with your wife's (after you are married) adjustment of status application as well as related applications such as employment authorization and advance parole document applications can be filed concurrently. Thus, your wife (again, after you are married) will receive employment authorization document (EAD) about 2 to 3 months after all paperwork is filed based on marriage to a U.S. citizen. The application for EAD is Form I-765: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-765.pdf

Since you do not already have a good understanding of the immigration issues involved, I recommend that you retain an experienced immigration attorney.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com

Ajay K. Arora