Immigration Issues/H1B status query


Hi Mark,
I am having H1B visa which expires in 2010. I visited US in 2008, worked for a client. But due to issues with my employer(non-payment of bench pay, salary not paid as promised in offer letter), i resigned from my position and left for my home country. Before coming, i launched a complaint in WHD and after a few months of follow-up from my home country, i was able to get my due payments.
I want to know if my visa stands cancelled. Or is there any way to check it. Because another company is offering me a position where they want to get my visa transferred but i am reluctant. I am still not sure if my visa is valid.It will be great if you can provide guidance in this matter.

I do not know enough about your case to give you the exact answer.  However, from the facts that you have shared, you should be able to have your H1B transferred and also be able to reclaim some of your time that you spent out of the country not under H1B.
Good Luck
Mark Ashley

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mark Ashley


Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,


18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

Awards and Honors
American Jurisprudence Award recipient

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]